Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Cookies
After being gifted a KitchenAid Mixer for my birthday, I went on a baking frenzy for what felt like MONTHS (hello pre-summer weight gain!), I took a break because we were really trying to focus on our health and trying to steer clear from baked goodies. After having to spend all day inside because of this smokey haze in Vancouver, we kind of got the urge to bake some treats! So I threw together these extremely healthy, 3 ingredient, vegan and healthy cookies that took me 20 mins to prep AND bake! We all ate about 5 and felt zero guilt!
As a mother of a crazy toddler and someone who loves baked goods I know how hard it can be to stay on track, so here is the recipe to these crazy delicious "cookies"!
Chocolate Oatmeal Banana "Cookies"
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F
2. Start with 5-6 medium soft bananas - this is important especially if you'll be mixing and mashing by hand!
3. Mash, mash, mash them up! In all honesty, I didn't hand mash these by hand.... I definitely utilized my stand up mixer and if you're also using your mixer, just used the flat beater on the lowest setting (setting #1 or the stir setting).
4. Add 2 cups of Oats to mashed bananas gradually while stirring!
5. By now the mixture should have a thick-ish consistency to it, but if it doesn't add more oats and if it is wayyyy too thick, mash another banana and add it into the mixture as needed!
If all is good, add 1 cup of chocolate chips. I used dark chocolate and you are more than welcome to use whichever kind that fits your fancy, but I figured if I was going to make healthy cookies, I may as well go all out!
6. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon out golfball (or slightly smaller) size scoops and place them roughly the same distance you would with regular cookies. These cookies will not rise so you don't need to worry about perfection.
7. Once you have all these bad boys on the tray, get them into the oven and leave them for about 15-17 minutes.
Take them out and let them cool and enjoy!
With these cookies, you can also add in seeds and nuts! Occasionally we will add in some chia seeds!